History and Geography
Our high quality history and geography curricula are designed to promote inquisitive and enquiring minds that lead to our children to discover and enjoy having a wide understanding of the world around them.
Our geography curriculum is designed to inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination of the world around them; both on a local and global scale.
Through our teaching of geography we ensure our pupils:
- have opportunities to investigate and make enquiries about their local area as well as the wider world
- develop a sense of who they are and their heritage and
- have great knowledge of their local area and community.
Our pupils will develop their ability to apply geographical skills that enable them to:
- confidently communicate their findings and geographical understanding to a range of audiences
- deepen their understanding of the interaction between physical and human processes
- understand formation and use of landscapes and environments,
- collect and analyse data
- use maps, globes, aerial photographs and digital mapping to name and identify countries, continents and oceans and
- communicate information in a variety of ways.
Our history curriculum will develop pupils’ knowledge and understanding of events, people and changes in the past within Britain and the wider world; how and why some things change and some remain the same.
Through our teaching of history we ensure our pupils:
- understand how the past can be divided up into different eras
- recognise and understand that there are similarities, differences and connections between these eras
- develop pupils’ knowledge and understanding of events, people and changes in the past and
- learn about the impact that events from the past have had on our lives today.
The historical skills taught across the school allow:
- pupils to ask perceptive questions
- think critically
- weigh evidence
- consider both sides of an argument and
- develop perspective and judgement.
History and Geography
Geography Autumn 1
History Autumn 1
Geography Summer 1
History Summer 1
- Y1 Kensington Palace and the Royal Family
- Y2 Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Victoria docx
- Y3 Shang Dynasty
- Y5 Benin Kingdom
- Y6 Industrial Revolution docx